Lake Anna Cruises
Three (3) Boarding Locations Available
The Things We Provide:
- Our boats
- USCG approved PFDs (life jackets)
- Free Parking at Anna Point Marina and Highpoint Marina. You must pay to enter Lake Anna State Park and also pay for parking
- A BLAST!
- Clients with advanced bookings, we recommend you frequently check and follow the National Weather Service (NWS – NOAA) Lake Anna area weather forecasts at least 3 days before your scheduled cruise
- Cruises may be cancelled at any time due to weather and/or forecast of severe weather, or other unforeseen circumstances. Please call us when in doubt
- You may bring your favorite beverages. Alcohol is allowed (Age 21 and above). Please drink responsibly
- To be safe, please have a designated driving plan if you intend to consume alcohol. The roads leading into Lake Anna are rural, winding, and heavily patrolled.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the prevailing weather. It can be surprisingly chilly on the water relative to land. We suggest a windbreaker for your outermost layer of clothing
- We suggest wearing comfortable boating shoes, sneakers, etc…
- We suggest wearing comfortable clothing and a cap
- We suggest wearing sun block. Yes, even in winter
- As per law, all persons under the age of 13 must wear life jackets. Bring your child’s own PFD (life jacket) if you prefer not using ours
- Cold weather – LAYER UP! Wind and cold are surprisingly highly magnified on the water
- Cold weather – (A suggestion) Hand warmers/toe warmers (“Hot Hands,” Zippo hand warmers, etc…)
- The Captain may cancel cruises before or during, for any reason he may deem contrary to the safety and well-being of the clients, others, the Captain, or the boat. Some reasons for cancellation might include, but are not limited to; hazardous weather, such as lightning, high winds, high waves, excessive boat traffic, excessive cold or hot temperatures, illness, injury, or what the Captain deems necessary
- Please, no smoking, no vaping, no illegal drugs and no pets
- We do a Safety Orientation at the start of each cruise
- Please, no spray-on type sun block use on the boat. The overspray makes things very slippery and hazardous. Please apply spray-on type sun block prior to boarding. You may use lotion type sun block while on board however, it best to apply prior to boarding
- Please be mindful bringing or wearing valuables. We WILL NOT be responsible if lost, stolen, or damaged
- Feel free to bring a camera, cell phone, or other device to take pictures or videos
*NOTICE* – Boating may require modest to strenuous physical exertion, dexterity, and endurance. Maintaining one’s balance, hanging onto railings during moderate to heavy seas can be tiring. It is your responsibility to ensure you possess suitable physical fitness to comfortably manage the aforementioned. If in doubt, please seek the appropriate medical advice of a qualified physician before purchasing our services or boarding our boats.
Persons failing to wear a US Coast Guard (USCG) approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD aka “life jacket”), while aboard any boat, have a greater risk of drowning than those who wear PFD’s, especially persons with little or no swimming abilities. Although the US Coast Guard only requires approved PFD’s be worn aboard boats by persons under the age of 13, we highly encourage all of our clients wear a PFD while aboard any vessel. We will provide our clients with USCG approved PFD’s to wear on our boats if they desire. If preferred, clients may bring their own USCG approved PFD. It will be the client’s responsibility to inspect their own PFD to ensure it is USCG approved and is safe to wear. The Captain however, will inspect ALL PFD’s to be worn by persons under the age of 18 to ensure they are safe and USCG compliant. If they are deemed unsafe or not compliant by the Captain, the child will be required to use our PFDs. Adult clients electing not to wear a PFD will do so at their own risk. A situation may arise where the Captain may require everyone aboard to wear a PFD.
Please read our DISCLAIMER.
Capt. Johnny Ellis, Orange Troller LLC